Thursday, July 9, 2009

Reginald Von Rabbit, III

It is hard to believe our baby bunny is 2 years old! but I can tell how much more affectionate and comfortable he is and showing his authentic self to us. Reggie is mischevious, rebellious, independent and has a good sense of humor -over all a very a happy bunny. My husband re-named him Reginald Von Rabbit III and Reggie does have a very commanding presence. He can be very impatient and will rattle his cage in the morning to tell us it is time for him to come out. When he does, he always presents himself to me so I can pet him and tell him how fabulous he is. then he will re-explore his room to see if there have been any changes to his environment. Then he will find a place to stretch out for a bit, do some chewing on his various pieces of card board and then start running around like a crazy bun. When he has gotten my attention he will leap into the air and turn around like a dancer. It is amazing to watch. Sometimes I will join in and imitate him in my own human dance steps and we dance together. he is so much fun to hang out with.

This morning he decided to go into the kitchen with the cats and I decided to give him a slice of dehydrated bananas-yummy. Fiona came up and asked me for a treat also, then the other cats, Moon and Oski said "yes" we will take a treat too. So I got out the Tastations for the cats and they all had treats together. Then hung out together which for them is sitting or laying in the same vacinity.

Reggie can also be a little temperamental at times. When we need to go out and need him to go into his cage, if we are not asking him in a respectful way, he will growl at us to tell us to stop. When we ask him nicely and reward him with a bit of mint of another piece of banana, he is very nice about it. And why not? Reggie has a lot of pride and expects us to treat him with respect. A good lesson to all.

No comments: