Monday, April 26, 2010

Healing day at the shelter for Peaches

I went to the shelter today to help out. I was able to offer Reiki to the cats in a group healing. I called in my healing guides and asked for protection and to balance any energy that is stuck or blocked. I can always tell when the energy starts changing all the cats start getting quiet and it feels more peaceful. I was chanting the OM and walked the room. I had been talking to a friend about holding a prayer circle, once a week at the shelter to continue to build a protective wall of peace and tranquility for the shelter.

There was a dog named Peaches that had adopted out and then just recently come back to the shelter. She looked like a shepherd and bisenji mix-Because of the shape of her body and curling tail. She has the sweetest expression in her eyes. I could feel she had suffered some trauma but still had a trusting nature.

My friend, Kristin, had spent time with Peaches (although I keep hearing the name Eva) and said she seemed a little aggitated when she first met her, then after a bit, she started to relax. Kristin had asked me if I would like to spend some time with Peaches to see if I could get her to relax some more. Peaches and I were in one of the outdoor runs. I could tell when Kristin was leaving Peaches started to get a little anxious. I sat down and let her explore her surroundings. As I sat, and she was roaming, I started talking to her, I told her that even though I may have a stronger energy that some animals are unsure of, when you get used to it, you will see I am an ok human.

Since I am still learning about canine energy, I like to take it slow, but not to the point where he or she sense my acquiescence as fear. So when I saw signs of Peaches, feeling me out, going up to me and slightly brushing along side of me, I knew she was getting calmer. I kept talking to her and then went up and started petting her and then I started tapping on the EFT/Acupressure points down her spine. Before long I saw her walk up to me and then lay down beside me while I was sitting down. When I got up to stretch my legs she followed me.

Then I sat down in another place and she moved with me and layed down relaxed. I brought my Ipod with me and I started singing with a song called “you are loved” by Josh Groban. I feel like this is the theme song for every shelter and rescue group because it talks about being the voice for all the animals on the planet-that we are here to be the voice when they can't speak and we will be the guiding light when they feel lost. She loved the music. I knew she would. Animals respond to music. I also sang a song to her about how beautiful she is. It is a James Blunt song, but I changed the words and put her name in the chorus. It didn't take long for her to get comfortable and find another place to lay down and relax. Kristin came back and Peaches was happy to see her, but I felt that Peaches is getting a sense that humans can be kind of fun.

No comments: