Sunday, March 28, 2010

My Guiding to the Rainbow Bridge




Part of my work, as a healer sometimes is to help animals to cross the Rainbow Bridge. It is both joyous and poignant. I know this is the last few minutes of life. I am helping to relive any stress the animal being is holding on to so they can make the transition with ease and grace.

Last week, David and I were walking to the bus stop early morning. As I was walking, I got the feeling to turn my head. As I turned I happened to see a possum, by a chain link fence next to the sidewalk. I could see she was injured (intuitively I felt a female energy) and there was blood on the side of her ear. When I looked into her eyes, I heard “help me”. As it can happen in the urban jungle I call the residential streets, A car may be going too fast to avoid hitting an animal that may have been hard to see.

At first, I felt pain, knowing this little being was dying. I started feeling the emotions of sadness, regret that I couldn’t have done anything to change the current course of events. Then my healer side started growing in my awareness.

She looked at me; I could feel her fear and confusion. I called in my angels and guides to surround us so I could allow the healing energy of Reiki to help release any pain and calm her. Because she was an undomesticated animal I sat a few feet away from her so I would not add any more stress. I have been a Reiki healer long enough to know that I don’t have to lay my hands on to the being for Reiki to go where it needs to. I said a short prayer thanking her for coming in to this life and sharing life lessons that contribute to everyone on the planet including her species. I could see her starting to calm down. And then I allowed the sacred tone of OM to help to bless her and guide her to the Rainbow Bridge.

There is one thing that still amazes me. When a being is going back to spirit, I get to see the soul essence of the being I am working with. When we get close to spirit, we connect on a soul level. I now feel that I am a part of the possum energy and they are not part of my animal allies. That is the gift I received. It is priceless.

When I was on the bus that morning, going to El Cerrito. I put on my favorite Peter Kater piece called “surrender” and I was able to further help her on the next journey after crossing the Rainbow Bridge. I allowed myself to cry and mourn the loss of this gentle being. And glad I was there to help.

When I have these experiences, it makes me appreciate the beauty of life that is all around me-this wonderful planet that I am a part of. I know that I am a human who is also learning to balance the world of the six-sensory of spiritual part of me. I guess you could say I am a spiritual hybrid. And this is one of the many reasons that makes me feel so grateful to be able to touch taste and breathe in the aromas of life.

And yet, when I want to get connected to my spiritual side, All I have to do is take a few deep breaths and meditate to raise my vibrations so I can get connected with my guides and allies. So glad I get to be a part of this thing called life.

No comments: